Soothe the soul, relax the body and revive the spirit…
A beautiful venue on the Essex/Hertfordshire border
Down Hall – Country House Hotel
Down Hall Hotel is one of England’s most established country house hotels. Located in Hatfield Heath, near Bishop’s Stortford on the Hertfordshire and Essex border, Down Hall is 45 minutes from central London and also ideally located near Stansted Airport.
Relax the body, soothe the soul and lift the spirit during your stay at Down Hall in our new, luxury Eden Spa.
Dating back to 1322, this impressive Italianate mansion is a historic setting. The hotel’s luxury interiors, ornate ceilings and abundance of natural daylight make for an experience like no other.
Take time to wander the 110 acres of surrounding woodland, parkland and landscaped gardens or sample traditional English Afternoon Tea in our historic lounge or Ibbetson’s tearoom. Why not enjoy a leisurely dinner in The Grill Room restaurant, serving modern English cooking prepared with fresh ingredients from our own vegetable garden?
- AA four silver star hotel 87%
- Set in 110 acres of woodland, parkland and landscaped gardens
- Only 45 minutes from central London
- Ideally located near Stansted Airport
- 100 bedrooms including luxurious feature rooms
- Check in: 3pm, check out: 11am
- The Eden Spa, open daily from 10:00-20:00
- Gym, Sauna and Steam room
- Tennis courts
- Complimentary onsite carpark
The importance of choosing a venue recommended photographer
Our executive chef, Matthew Hill awarded management scholarship by the Master Innholders
Wedding Open Day
Down Hall achieves Four Star AA Silver Stars
Matthew Hill appointed Head Chef at Down Hall Country House Hotel